The class schedule is as follows:
Location - Fox Island County Park :
- April 14th, 6-8PM, Wilderness Survival with Michael Golbert, Allen County Parks
- April 17th, 9-11AM, Birds with Soarin’ Hawk and Stockbridge Audubon Society
- April 17th, 12-2PM, Geology with Ron Zartman, Allen County Parks and Soils with Scot Haley, Natural Resource Conservation Service
- April 21st, 6-8PM, Plants and Trees with Larry Yoder, Yoder Farms, & Natalie Haley Allen County Parks
- April 24th, 9-11AM, Naturalists and Conservation with Scott Beam, Maple Wood Nature Center and Bob Dispenza, Allen County Parks
- April 24th, 12-2PM, Rivers and Creeks with Jerry Hohla, Hoosier Riverwatch
- April 28th, 6-8PM, Frogs, Snakes and Turtles with Chris Barlow, Ivy Tech
- May 5th, 6-8PM, Monarchs, Milkweed and Wildflowers with Karie Harding
In addition, class participants will be required to volunteer six hours in a pre-approved natural environment and must attend 80% of their classes in order to earn their Jr. Indiana Master Naturalist certification.
Deadline for registration is March 26th, 2010. Class fee is $70.00 per student and includes three field guides, class materials, room rental and IDNR registration.